Laulasmaa Ultra provides an opportunity for any active person to participate in the longest distance running and walking event held in Estonia. It is takes place on 18-19 of June, 2016. Maximum distance of the course is equal to 10 laps of 21.1 km equal to five complete marathons!....in other words 211 km.
This Ultra is held in Laulasmaa, a summertime hot-spot located just 30 km west of the Estonian capital city, Tallinn. Laulasmaa is famous for its sandy beaches and clean seawater. The starting/finishing point is in the camping area of the RMK Meremõisa (Seamanor), which is between the Lohusalu gulf and a slated seafront, in a 200 year old coastal forest.
Participation fee includes athletes BIB, electronic time keeping, track service, refreshments at the support points (sports drink, energy drink, juice, cordial, kvass, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, mineral water etc.) and snacks (mueslibars, pickled cucumber, olives, raisins, bread, dark bread, salty and sweet crackers, potato chips, honey, seasonal fruits, tomato etc.). At Meremõisa, Keila-Joa and Türisalu support points hot meals are provided according to schedule - soup, pasta, porridge or similiar.
Registering and paying participation fee before 31st of May 2016 ensures that the participant gets a T-shirt with the event's logo. Every participant who completes atleast one 21.1 km lap gets a diploma, medal and momento. Prized places are three best of individual lineup both for women and men. Also teams are awarded according to category - women's, men's and mixed. New! separate category is for Nordic Walking (kepikõnd in estonian) with the same princibles as above. One team consists of 3-6 partcipants.
Participation fees: Individual Team member til 20.03.2016 50€ 40€ 21.03 - 24.04.2016 60€ 50€ 25.04 - 22.05.2016 70€ 60€ *23.05 - 17.06.2016 80€ *at the spot
* Registration during this period does not guarantee T-shirt with logo
Three easy steps to register:
- If you allready have user account, then log in with your user name and password and proceed to step 3.
- Become an authenticated member on estonian-ultrarunners.com by filling out the "Create New User Account" form. (PS! Due to security concerns your user registration application must be approved by administrator, further instructions will be provided to your e-mail address provided while submitting a new user account form)
- Register for the event under Laulasmaa Ultra -> 2016 -> Participate
- Partition fee payment (bank transfer)
Bank details: Benficiary Ultrajooksuklubi Estonian Ultrarunners Team MTÜ IBAN: EE082200221050835570 SWIFT: HABAEE2X Notes: Laulasmaa Ultra 2015 + First Name & Last Name
NB! Participant is considered registrated after the participation fee has reached Estonian Ultrarunners Team bank account. The correct ammount of the participation fee is considered by the date of when it reaches the destination.
Volunteers who are interested in meanwhile covering the track can do it by acquiering a Volunteer's BIB which provides access to all services on the track, but excluding from race results.
Volunteers who wish to get all the benefits as a regular participant can register 15 EUR cheaper according to the current registration fee. You have to also note the wish of being a volunteer, the task that you are willing to undertake and for how long.
For any additional questions or information please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org
Event in Facebook
*if the map loads in a general global view then refresh your browser (F5)
Location of the Start/Finish area:
Entry to the Meremõisa recreational area is situated on the road of Tallinn - Kloogaranna 28,7th km. Coming by car from the direction of Tallinn you have to pass Keila-Joa about 2km, where "Meremõisa" bus stop is situated, at the start of the left hand curved small hill climb. Immediately before the end of the small hill climb there is a gravel road turning right, take this turn and follow the signs of Laulasmaa Ultra.
Coming from the direction of Kloogaranna it takes about 8 km from Paldiski road to reach the entry road on the left hand side on near top of the small hillclimb.
Public transport is accessible from Solaris Shopping Centre near Estonia Theatre where you can take small bus number 237 or 237A, nearest stop is "Meremõisa" the smallbus is stopping the stops by demand. One way ticket purchased on the bus is about 2,5 €. Timetables are available here.
Staying over night and parking
At the Meremõisa recreational area there are camping sites for free, you can erect your own tents. Parking is free and allowed only in designated areas since the recreational area is under natural protection law.
Some photos from Laulasmaa Ultra 2013:
One exhilarating 21.1 km lap runs along a beautiful hiking trail over Kabelimäe(hill), meanders along the scenic park trails of Keila-Joa, crosses the hanging bridge of the river Keila, and wisks along the white sandy beach of Türisalu. The trail then climbs up about 35 m onto the seafront of Türisalu and then descends from there to the beach of Vääna-Jõesuu. The trail turns back from there and passes the starting point, and continues on the long forest trail towards Lohusalu harbour until Heliküla before returning to the starting point.
There are five support points approx. every 3 km - refreshments at the support points (sports drink, energy drink, juice, cordial, kvass, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, mineral water etc.) and snacks (mueslibars, pickled cucumber, olives, raisins, bread, dark bread, salty and sweet crackers, potato chips, honey, seasonal fruits, tomato etc.). At Meremõisa, Keila-Joa and Türisalu support points hot meals are provided according to schedule - soup, pasta, porridge or similiar.
Track is partially very demanding: climbing and descending up and down steep slopes, goes over planked footways and bridges, fallen over trees, sandpits and streams. Some parts are covered with tree rootes, which are specially slippery when wet. The sum of ascent per one 21,1 km lap is ca. 220 meters.
Secretariat issues BIBs at the starting point on 18th of June starting from 09:00.
The track will be open for a total of 32 hours.
The start is on the 18th of June at 10:00.
There is also a possibility to start anytime.
Track is closed on 19th June at 18:00
Award ceremony takes place on 19th june approx. 19:00
Results are counted followingly:
1. Individual sum of laps: maximum lenght of the track is 10 x 21,1 km laps aka 5 full lenght marathones aka 211 km. Minimum distance is one 21,1 km lap. Counted are all full laps and possible 2 consolation laps 4,7km each. Small lap "L1" and "L2" goes from starting point to "Heliküla" and back. It is meant for the participant who is not risking to go on the full lap anymore but wants to improve her/his result. After taking a consolation lap, you cannot resume on the full lap. After finishing maximum distance of 211 km small laps are not available.
See the possible results table with full and additional consolation laps below:
Laps Full 21.1km +L1 4.7km +L2 4.7km 1. 21.1 25.8 30.5 2. 42.2 46.9 51.6 3. 63.3 68 72.7 4. 84.4 89.1 93.8 5. 105.5 110.2 114.9 6. 126.6 131.3 136 7. 147.7 152.4 157.1 8. 168.8 173.5 178.2 9. 189.9 194.6 199.3 10 211.1
Every participant who reaches the minimum distance (21,1km) will be covered in the final results. Every participant who reaches 42,2 km aka Full Marathon, will be displayed with a marathon time in the final results. In general results are lined up according to the distance covered in laps (km) and secondly who managed it faster.
2. Teams consisting of 3-6 participants generate a team result from the 3 best results. Teams are divided in three categories: women's, men's and mixed. Mixed team result is the sum of three best results where atleast one is of opposite sex. (eg. team of 4 members has 3 female and 1 male athlete, and these 3 women all get better results than male athelete, then the 3rd womens result is replaced with the man's result)
All team members participate in the individual lineup as well.
Nordic Walkers have also individual and team lineups on the same principles as above.
Participant is solely responsible for the participation and conduct in the event. Due to unforseeable weather conditions event organizer has the right to change the lenght and opening hours of the track for safety reasons. Participants helping teams are allowed to provide assistance to their athletes in the support points. In case of no show the participation fee is not returned.
Laulasmaa Ultra rules:
- BIB has to be placed so that it is visible at all times while on track or at support points. Without BIB you are not allowed to participate.
- Timing chip has to be placed on the ancle and returned to the time-keeper after finishing.
- If you wish to start/pause/cancel the race, then you have to notify the organizer.
- Nordic walkers have to look out not to obstruct other participants.
- Used disposable dishes (plates, cups) can be used repeatedly by writing your name or number on the item. Disposal of these items is evident in the suport points - the plastic dishes are placed inside each other in designated boxes.
- Any trash must be placed in trashbags situated in the support points. Throwing trash on the ground is strictly forbidden by the law.
- Usage of digital multimedia devices on the track is not restricted.
- Participants helper - notify the organizers about yourself to gain access to support points.
- Organizer has the right to exclude participants from the competition for safety reasons.
- Due to unforseeable weather conditions event organizer has the right to change the lenght and opening hours of the track for safety reasons
- In case of no show the participation fee is not returned. Participant who cannot participate can delegate their admission to another person. The names are changed and participation fee is considered paid.
Click on the logo to follow the link to ultratrailmb website